Sunday, April 18, 2010

When Life Gets in the Way

So many things to do, so little time.

I am in the hospitality industry, in Florida. The winters are filled with hours serving cocktails, dinners, deserts and coffee.

I'm not complaining, because I am lucky to have a job. It just seems that there isn't enough hours in a day.

When I have a day off, or even a few hours, I just want to kick off the uniform and relax.

Then I feel guilty because the floors need cleaning and there are dishes to be washed. The refrigerator has some Bleu Cheese dressing with an expiration date of Dec., 2009 and I guess I should clean it out soon. And a two hour trip to the grocery store would make those every night burgers go away.

There are things I love doing, working on my jewelry, watching a good movie without falling to sleep or reading a book. I do enjoy going out to dinner but then I would have to exert the energy to get dressed!

Of course I try to make time to keep up social networking. I think I have called my best friend once since November.

But summer is coming and the snowbirds are heading north. I will miss them.

But when my boss tells me to go home early because business is slow, my house will be spotless. I will have a wonderful dinner with a glass of wine. I'll watch some stupid movie on TV and complain that there is nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment